06 May 2009

Booking Through Thursday: GRAPHIC!

btt button
You can join in the fun HERE! "Last Saturday (May 2nd) is Free Comic Book Day! In celebration of comics and graphic novels, some suggestions:"

1) Do you read graphic novels/comics? Why do/don’t you enjoy them?
- Yes, I read comics.. long before they were known as graphic novels! LOL! I enjoy them because of the illustrations and fast-paced story lines =)

2) How would you describe the difference between “graphic novel” and “comic”? Is there a difference at all?
- No difference at all. "Graphic novel" is just a term coined by the Hollywood people to glorify comics -_-

3) Say you have a friend who’s never encountered graphic novels. Recommend some titles you consider landmark/”canonical”.
- I'd recommend "The Dark Night Returns" and "Watchmen" for starters. Hope that will get him hooked so I can recommend "heavier" titles ;-)

4 comments:

-.- said...

I've never read Watchmen, but I loved The Dark Night Returns. The writing and artwork was great.

~ Popin

Jess said...

I don't read a ton of graphic novels, but I loved Epileptic by David B. It was incredible.

Kat said...

Yay for another comic reader!

To 2024, and beyond! said...

thanks for dropping by girls! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...