20 May 2009

KRIS ALLEN WINS!!

Hehe! Okay, okay.. I admit I'm jumping the gun here, the two-hour American Idol finale will be on Wednesday night yet (Thursday morning here in the Philippines), but I really, truly, deeply feel that the cutie boy-next-door uber-talented singer and instruments player will win American Idol season 8. WHEW! That was a looong sentence! Hehe! Oh yeah, when I said instruments player, I do not only mean the guitar and piano -- Kris Allen also plays the viola and ukelele. How cool is that?? ^_^ You can read his brief profile (and Adam Lambert's too) HERE.

In this season's Top 13 finalists, I rooted for Anoop Desai and Matt Giraud early on. Both were wild card entries and I just looove their smooth voices. Kris Allen didn't make much of an impression on me. Like most of you, I thought he was just another cute face. Hehe! And I thought it was crap that he was married -- after all, his looks and "eligibility" for hookup are what's attracting voting young girls pining for him. Even Simon Cowell said he should have kept quiet about his marriage. However, his being married didn't stop the girls from voting. Somewhere along the way they found out that Kris Allen is more than just a pretty face.

As for myself, I noticed his talent or ARTISTRY (as American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi put it) on Week 2: Michael Jackson when he sang "Remember the Time" with a guitar. He just blew me away!! ^_^ Then on Week 3: Grand Ole Opry, Kris Allen performed Garth Brooks' "To Make You Feel My Love" -- and I just felt the love! I was swooning! LOL! On Week 4: Motown, he sang Marvin Gaye's "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)" and again I felt the love. However at this time I was pining for Anoop and Matt, was awed with Adam Lambert too, there was no room for Kris yet.. Hehe!

What made me a Kris Allen fan was his Week 5: Top Downloads performance of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" on piano!! I was like, what?? He plays the guitar AND a piano as well?? And it was a very moving performance, I felt his emotions, we just connected ;-) Then came his Week 7: Songs From the Cinema performance -- he sang "Falling Slowly" from a little-known movie called "Once" and he just nailed it. His artistry was just mind-blowing! Kris isn't just a singer, he's an artist through and through. I was definitely hooked! ^_^

I became a die-hard fan with his Week 9: Rat Pack Standards performance of "The Way You Look Tonight" -- his eyes were magic! I swooned, I pined, I just fell in love with him. My hubby was like, "He's just another pretty face babe.." and I was like "NO! He really connects with his audience, he's very charismatic.." From then on, I shouted on Twitter and Facebook that he's the guy who's gonna win American Idol 8. Nobody believed me, even Simon Cowell dissed him til Week 10: Rock. That was expected since Kris isn't really a rocker.

But everything changed in Week 11 when Kris Allen sang Kanye West's "Heartless". Everybody loved it, his artistry was all over the place! The judges even thought it was better than the original. WOW!! Simon Cowell also said that Kris was back in the game -- the highest compliment he ever got ^_^ That stellar performance was the one that put Kris Allen in Top 2. And tonight, he and Adam Lambert will have their final showdown. Two unique and oh-so different artists performing 3 songs each means it's gonna be one awesome show! And tomorrow, Kris Allen will be the American Idol 8 champ!! Mark my words!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...